Monday, March 16, 2009

Marionette

I stare silently at her,
She lays crumbled on the floor…face in tears,
I don’t know how to help her…
Or if I even want to…

I see the strings…strings…
The strings on her arms and legs…
Marionette…
Her owner above her…his knowing grin…

He tugs at her right arm…
Her arm lifts…
He lifts all four strings and drops her…
She’s helpless…so helpless…

It begins to rain eggshells…
They fall upon her…seemingly only her…
I don’t know how to help her…
Or if I even want to…

He is oblivious of her tears…
They’re silent…
Owners…
They don’t know…don’t know

I begin to feel overwhelming emotion….
I stand there scrutinizing her…
Everyone is watching…everyone knows…
No one helps…no one helps…

Her chest begins to bleed…
Blood pouring…pouring…
She can’t even try to stop the bleeding..
He controls her hands…


He either doesn’t see or doesn’t care…
Doesn’t see…doesn’t care…
Tears still streaming from her eyes…
I feel my chest tighten…

I gather courage and try to run…to run…
I snap back harshly…fall to the floor…
I look at my arms…my legs…
Strings…STRINGS!!!

I feel my cheeks…they are wet…
Wet with tears…tears…
I see my chest…red…
Red with blood…blood…

I feel the eggshells…they hit my head…
Seemingly only on me…on me…
I feel the strings tug me up…
I fall to the floor….

I feel the string on my right arm tug…
My arm lifts…
Marionette…
Marionette…

No comments:

Post a Comment